The API allows you to post to the red# by HTTP POST request. Below you see an example using the command line tool cURL:
curl -ssl -u $E-Mail:$Password -d "$Parameters" " >example.com/api/statuses/update
|$E-Mail:||The E-Mail Adress you use to login|
|$Password:||The Password you use to login|
|$Parameters:||That's the interesting part, here you insert the content you want to send using the following parameters:|
- title: the title of the posting
- channel: the channel you want to post to
- category: a comma-seperated list of categories for the posting
- status: the content of the posting, formatted with BBCode
- htmlstatus:the content of the posting, formatted in HTML.
Instead of calling example.com/api/statuses/update which returns a json (you could also add .json on the end to clarify) output, you can use /api/statuses/update.xml to get an xml formatted return.
Instead of Basic HTTP Authentification you could also use oAuth.